Backing up data is very important for every company using IT support. It support minimizes the downtime and recovery period while speeding up the restoral phase. It is critical in allowing high availability of the business’ operations. Most companies would not only have their internal backup for company data but also hire an IT support contractor like Arc Systems to secure their company data offshore. Though these IT support contractors have their own datac enters to store data for their clients, they would still rely on online data storage to further improve the quality of their data backup service. And the most popular choice for online data backup for IT support contractors is The Cloud. Here are the reasons why IT support companies use Cloud storage for their clients.
- Accessibility – As long as there is an internet connection, stored files in the Cloud can be accessed anywhere and anytime. As long as the user is authorised, accessing stored files is as easy as opening a local folder. This is very convenient for employees at all levels who are not in the IT support department.
- Bandwidth – Emails have limited size which prevents companies from transferring or send large or multiple files in one go. Since The Cloud is an online storage, the user will only need to send a link in the email which the recipient can use to view or retrieve the important files or data. This takes off the size limitation every email platform imposes.
- Cost efficiency – When compared to having an internal storage, using a Cloud storage is much more cost efficient. It only cost 3 cents per gigabyte of data. It does not require physical equipment to store data which saves the operating cost that internal storage requires.
- Disaster recovery – During disaster or emergency events which lead to the destruction of the equipment in the company, the company has a backup data which it can retrieve and use anytime to replace the lost or corrupted data. This will help the restoral process to go smoothly for the company to continue its business operation as fast as it can.
- Usability – Some online data storages are exclusive to a particular software. However, Cloud storage is compatible for both MAC and PC. This is ideal for users to retrieve important files and data regardless of the device they are using. Since Cloud storage does not pose compatibility issues, IT support companies do not have to request their clients to switch system software for data backup and storage.
If you are planning to hire an IT support company, make sure the contractor uses Cloud storage as one of their platforms to backup data.